Green is known as smoother, why not make a smoothie with all the greens?
Spinach – 50 gms
Coriander leaves – 5 gms
Mint leaves – 5 gms
Wheatgrass – 5 gms
Green Apple – 50 gms
Flaxseeds – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Clean and wash spinach, coriander leaves, mint leaves, wheatgrass.
- Wash and cut an apple into small pieces.
- Place all the ingredients into the blender, add 50 ml of water and blend until it becomes smooth liquid in consistency.
- Transfer the liquid into a glass and squeeze half lemon.
- Energy: 98 Kcals
- Carbohydrate: 10 gms
- Protein: 4.5 gms
- Fat: 4 gms
- Fibre: 6.5gms
- Vit C: 29 mg
- Folic acid: 26 mcg
- Green smoothie is low in calories and high in fibre, which helps in digestion, relieves constipation and also aids in weight loss.
- It is rich in phytonutrients which acts as antioxidants, prevents the cells from the damage caused by free radicals, and keeps us away from deadly diseases.
- It is rich in vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folic acid, etc. which helps in building the immune system.
- It helps in lowering the cholesterol level and reduces the risk of heart attacks.
- It has anti-ageing properties and also acts as a detoxifier leading to glowing skin.
Recipe by our Nutrition expert@Shilpa Singh