Why spend long hours waiting for snacks during pregnancy when delicious and healthy options like these salads with special blends of vegetables and chana can come in handy for you.
Try our special "Wonder Salad" recipe by our Nutrition Expert @Anurupa Bose which will take care of nutrition needs and is tasty as well!
“ WONDER SALAD” ( Serves-2)
Chickpeas- 1small cup (50 gms)
Brown chana- 1 small cup (50 gms)
White peas- 1 small cup (50 gms)
Avocado - 1 small cup (50 gms - cut into cubes)
Cucumber – 1 cup (100 gms - cut into cubes)
Onion shallots- 1 small cup ( finely chopped)
Carrot - 1 small cup (grated)
Tomato- 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves & mint leaves – As required (finely chopped)
Lemon – 1
Green chilli- 2
Salt, black salt, chaat masala, roasted jeera powder & black pepper as per taste
Hung curd or Greek yogurt -4 tbsp
Ginger -1 tsp ( finely chopped)
1. Wash the chickpeas, chana, and white peas thoroughly. Drain the excess water and soak it for 5-6 hrs.
2. Add all of these together into a pressure cooker, a pinch of salt, 3 cups of water, and put the lid off the pressure cooker. Switch the flame off after 4-5 whistles.
3. For mint yogurt dressing, add one handful of mint leaves and 4 tbsp of hung curd or Greek yogurt, 1 tsp ginger finely chopped, a pinch of salt, 1 small green chilli, and 1tsp vegetable oil, then grind it. The dressing is ready.
4. Now, in a large mixing bowl take all the boiled components and to that, add grated carrot, cucumber and avocado cut into pieces and finely chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice, into the mixture, add salt, freshly ground black pepper, roasted jeera powder, black salt, chaat masala as per taste.
6. Add mint and yogurt dressing into the bowl, give it a good mix and your yummy wonder salad is ready to serve.
#nutrition #pregnancy #healthyfood #homemade