Salads are boring; salads don’t taste good; who eats salad? Is that the way you respond to salads? Give us a chance to change your thinking with our “Magical Quinoa Salad”
Recipe by our nutrition expert @Nina Maria Saldanha
Quinoa - 150 g (cooked)
Walnuts - 3 nos. (roughly chopped, roasted)
Raisins - 5 nos. (roughly chopped)
Flax seeds - 1 Tsp. (roasted)
Chia seeds - 1 Tsp. (roasted)
Bell peppers - 2 Tbsp. (chopped small)
Pomegranate seeds - 2 Tbsp.
Corn (boiled) - 2 Tbsp.
Cherry tomatoes - 2 nos.
Grilled paneer/chicken/tofu - 50 g (roughly chopped)
Lettuce - 1 Leaf (washed thoroughly, roughly chopped)
Olive Oil - ½ Tbsp.
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Lime juice - 1 tsp.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing, and whisk well; Keep Aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the main ingredients for salad and lightly toss.
- Pour on the salad dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve at room temperature.
- High in calories and protein, gluten free, rich in antioxidants, high in omega fatty acids, fibre, helps in satiety, prevents constipation. Simple, quick and easy to make, can be stored in the fridge for 3 days-1 week (without adding dressing). Can be modified to utilise left overs at home.
- This magical salad is gluten-free, high in protein and quinoa in it is one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Folic Acid: 71.4935